A single suspect is the subject of a manhunt in Iowa City after three seperate attacks on women at University Hospitals on Sunday night. Authorities say two of the assaults took place inside the hospital — one in an elevator, the other in a hallway. The third attack was outside, near a hospital parking ramp. University Public Safety associate director Duane Papke says the suspect, a dark-skinned black man, tried to sexually assault one of the women. Papke says all three women struggled with the assailant, broke free and ran to safety. One of them had minor injuries and none of the three were seriously hurt. Papke says his department is trying to reassure the University community.Papke says there are some leads in the case but no arrests have been made.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature