The Iowa women’s soccer team is hoping to move into Big Ten contention this season. The Hawkeyes were 11-9 a year ago, the first under coach Wendy Logan, and feel the time is right to take the next step. She says the team has experienced success in the last two years and wants to make its first NCAA tourney.The Hawkeyes were a high scoring team last season but at times struggled on defense and Logan says that has been a focus during practice.Iowa opens the season next weekend in Milwaukee and will visit Notre dame for a scrimmage on Friday. She says the game will give them an evaluation of their players against one of the top teams in the country.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill