An errant chunk of metal is believed responsible for killing a northern Iowa woman Thursday afternoon. Authorities say 34-year-old Michelle Wagner of Aplington was westbound on Highway 57 near Benson when an eastbound pickup, driven by 47-year-old Dave Abkes of Parkersburg, had a piece of steel fall out of the truck bed. It went through Wagner’s windshield and killed her instantly. Her car ended up in a field. Abkes wasn’t hurt.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal