Democrat Governor Tom Vilsack says the person guilty of committing last week’s murders in Sioux City should get Iowa’s version of the death penalty, which is a sentence to spend the rest of your life in prison.Vilsack calls the murders “extraordinarily evil” and he says hopefully, the person responsible is in custody and will be held accountable for his acts.He says never being able to breathe a breath of free air is penalty enough.Vilsack says the focus should be on helping the family members who survive. He says he doesn’t know how they will get over the tragedy.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer