Davenport police made fast work of a bank robbery Thursday and apparently solved a credit union robbery in the process. Two Davenport men, 23-year-old DeShawn Smith and 17-year-old Shawn Howard are jailed on robbery charges. A First Midwest Bank branch was held up Thursday and a suspect was traced to Smith’s residence. Police found money and weapons there. The search also allegedly linked Smith and Howard to a September 1st robbery of the Ralston Community Credit Union.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal