Iowa’s top political leaders invite Iowans to a Sunday afternoon rally in Des Moines. Governor Tom Vilsack and U-S Senators Chuck Grassley and Tom Harkin have organized a ceremony of remembrance at Drake University’s Knapp Center. Vilsack says it’s an opportunity for Iowans to stand up against terrorists and strengthen each other. Harkin says the event will honor the memory of the innocent Americans who fell victim to despicable acts of terror. Grassley says it’ll be a show of strength and unity. Iowa religious leaders and other politicians have been invited to the rally. It will start at three o’clock Sunday afternoon.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities