Congressman Jim Leach says President Bush’s speech last night sent a firm message around the globe about America’s resolve. Leach says the president gave “an unequivocal speech defining an unambiguous cause, that being the elimination of terrorism as an instrument of human relations.” Leach felt Bush best sentence was when he implied there would be no need for military action if the terrorists are turned over.Bush said our resolve must not pass, and the war against terrorism is a task that does not end. Leach says it’s clear the mission won’t be easy.Leach says it was an important moment for Bush, Congress and other leaders like British Prime Minister Tony Blair to be together in the U-S Capital.Leach is a republican who’s moving from Davenport to Iowa City.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk