The Iowa Hawkeyes improved to 3-0 with a 24-18 victory over Penn State in their Big Ten opener. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says the Hawkeye defense had a solid game.Ferentz says the long layoff showed on special teams. The Hawkeyes had a field goal blocked and the punt team yielded a safety and the Nittany Lions recovered a blocked punt for a touchdown late in the game. He says he feared those errors would be a big factor and they were.Iowa got a solid performance from quarterback Kyle McCann who completed 16 of 25 passes for 225-yards and a touchdown.Ferentz says the Hawkeyes scratched out a win despite not playing their best.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill