A Minnesota truck driver is accused of wrecking two trucks in central Iowaearly this morning. 35-year-old Robert Nelson, of Minnesota, lost controlof a semi-truck about one a-m, tipping over on its side and blocking bothlanes of Interstate 80 between Grinnell and Malcolm. Truckers stopped tohelp and Nelson allegedly ran out of the ditch, jumped in another semi andtook off going the wrong direction on the interstate, wrecking that truck ashort time later in the ditch. Other drivers then detained Nelson untilauthorities arrived. An Illinois motorist hit the rear of the second truckand was taken to a Grinnell hospital for injuries. Nelson has been taken toUniversity Hospitals in Iowa City for a psychiatric exam — and he facesnumerous charges.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G