A wild truck ride ended with a few bumps and bruises and a big splash yesterday in eastern Iowa. The brakes gave out on a semi-truck as it was driven on a county road through Jones County near Stone City. 22-year-old Ferren Fritz was driving while the passenger is identified as Marlene Webber. The truck went downhill for about three-quarters of a mile and both Fritz and Webber jumped out before it crashed into the Wapsipinicon River at the bottom of the hill.
- Plan to merge Des Moines Waterworks with other systems moving forward
- IDP chair says she’s focused on recruiting leaders for county parties
- Iowa State’s Contreraz wins Big-12 award
- Recommendation would merge or eliminate 111 state boards and commissions
- Railroad spokesman says crossing accidents increase with colder weather
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...