Former Northern Iowa coach Terry Allen was fired Sunday as the head coach at Kansas. The Jayhawks are 2-6 after a 51-7 loss to Nebraska. On the Big-12 teleconference this morning, Iowa State coach Dan McCarney said he “felt terrible” about Allen’s dismissal. McCarney says Allen’s been a personal friend since they both grew up in Iowa City. He says Allen brought a lot of class and dignity to Kansas, and has been a great representative for the conference. McCarney says Allen lacked at Kansas what he had at Iowa State, patience. McCarney says most schools don’t want to wait for a program to be turned around.Defensive coordinator Tom Hayes takes over as interim head coach for the Jayhawks. Hayes is a native of Atlantic and says he takes over with mixed emotions. He says Allen is a good and honest man who has treated him well.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk