A judge has delayed the trial of a woman charged with child endangerment after the February restraint death of a boy at a Mason City residential treatment center.The judge has granted a defense request to delay the trial of 35-year-old Lori Meacham of Mason City because she’s pregnant. The judge says it can’t start later than August of 2002. It was originally to start next week in Cerro Gordo County District Court in Mason City. Meacham is accused of using a restraint hold on 11-year-old Tanner Wilson, who died at Gerard of Iowa in February, a mental health home for youth.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk