Once the Alamo Bowl makes a selection, the rest of the bowl slots will fall into place. Fans of Texas A-and-M and Texas Tech are lobbying the Alamo Bowl for the spot opposite Iowa in the December 29th game in San Antonio. Both teams finished 7-4 and Tech won the regular season matchup 12-to-nothing. Tech coach Mike Leach is convinced the Red Raiders should be the first choice of the 7-4 teams.But A-and-M coach R.C. Slocum says other factors may go into the decision, such as the track record of attendance. Slocum says his team averaged over 80-thousand, while Tech averaged only 40-thousand.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident