Iowa claimed its biggest win ever in Ames with a 78-53 cruise over Iowa State on Saturday night. Rebounding was a big factor as the Hawkeyes claimed a 47-to-24 advantage on the boards. Iowa coach Steve Alford says the Hawkeyes played with a kind of passion he was looking for in out rebounding the Cyclones and holding them to 33 percent shooting. Alford says they need to have the same demeanor every time they play.Cyclone coach Larry Eustachy says the Hawkeyes just had too much firepower. Eustachy says it was the wrong time to play the Hawks, although he says they really tried hard.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G