A northeast Iowa woman’s artistic creation will become part of a display commemorating the attack on America. A Monticello artist who painted a portrait symbolic of the September 11th American tragedy will have her painting on display beginning next month in a special memorial exhibition in New York City. Laura Larrabee painted a portrait entitled “Clouds on the Horizon” and sold prints of the artwork as a fundraiser for the American Red Cross. Her artwork will be displayed from January 9 through February 2 as part of a special “Prevailing Human Spirit” memorial exhibition honoring the heroism and humanity demonstrated in the wake of the terrorist attack. The exhibition’s being presented by the Society of Illustrators’ Museum of American Illustration.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old