Authorities say a freak accident killed a northwest Iowa woman yesterday. The Palo Alto Sheriff’s Department says 78-year-old Dorothy Hankey of Graettinger started her car and was scraping the windows when the car slipped into gear and knocked her to the ground. The car continued forward and ran over Hankey. Her husband called authorities when he noticed his wife’s car had move. Hankey was taken to the Palo Alto County Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk