Wet and cold conditions limited the number of new records at the Drake Relays to just seven. Two of the state’s top high school athletes were profiled over the weekend. Iowa City High’s Calvin Davis won the 100-meter dash and also anchored the Little Hawks to the four-by-200 meter relay crown. Davis will play football at Iowa this fall and says he is getting used to the attention. He says he’s learned to be grateful for what he’s accomplished and says it’s all a new experience.Carroll’s Adam Huluska won the long jump title and finished second in the 100. He will play basketball at Iowa State but says there is also a chance he would try track and field as well. He says it’s something he has discussed, but basketball will be his first priority.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill