Four Iowa children found a fascination with fire can lead to serious trouble in at least two incidents over the holiday weekend.Three children face arson charges after Storm Lake police say they shoved sparklers in the tape return slot of a video store Saturday, starting a fire that caused minimal damage. Two of the kids are 12, the other is 11. None of their names were released. All three are being held at a shelter in Cherokee. In the Des Moines area, a six-year-old girl was seriously burned after investigators say she started clothing on fire with a cigarette lighter Saturday while hiding in a closet in her mother’s Ankeny home. Allison Freeman is in critical condition at Blank Children’s Hospital. Damage to the house was limited to the closet.
You are here: / / Kid’s prank with sparklers gets them in trouble