Another traffic fatality is reported in the Davenport area. 64-year-old Leonard Olson of Davenport died Monday afternoon. Police say he ran a stoplight in downtown Davenport a little before 8 Monday morning. His pickup truck was hit by a semi. Olson received multiple serious injuries, but the truck driver was not injured. An autopsy will determine if a pre-existing medical condition that contributed to Olson’s accident and death. On Sunday, one man was killed and two others critically injured in a head-on crash on Highway 61 about a mile west of Blue Grass. 20-year-old Edgar D. Martinez of West Liberty died in the early morning crash when his soundbound car was struck by a northbound car in the southbound lanes. A passenger, 22-year-old Jorge Resto of West Liberty, was critically injured. So was the driver of the other car, 51-year-old Earl Long of Stockton. A passenger in the Long car was treated and released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dry weather could hurt some Iowa trees
- Clear Lake sets record for earliest ice-free date
- Iowa paddlers need to be patient and wait for consistent warm weather
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues