An autopsy is slated for today in Omaha on the body of an unidentified man found floating in the Missouri River on Thursday afternoon near the town of Bartlett in far southwest Iowa. Fremont County Sheriff Steve MacDonald says a crew from the U-S Army Corps of Engineers spotted it while doing work along the riverbank and loaded into the rock bucket of their barge.Sheriff MacDonald says the death is being investigated as a homicide.He says it is not a drowning situation, as circumstances with the body indicate he died a violent death. MacDonald says law enforcement agencies in Nebraska and Iowa are being contacted all along the Missouri River.He hopes perhaps a missing person report will lead authorities to the man’s identity — and clues about how he died.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk