Des Moines police say they’re investigating a double murder. Police say at least one of the victims was tied up, and both were shot, execution-style, at a house on Des Moines’ north side. Police would also like to know who phoned in an anonymous tip about ten-thirty last night that something was wrong at the home. Officers who found nobody answering the door say thy entered and found 20-year-old Emanuel Burgs of Des Moines dead in the basement of the house, and on the living room floor the body of 21-year-old Clestina Payano of California, who’d been staying at the house.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness