An Independence woman charged in the slaying of her live-in boyfriend is sentenced to 20 years in prison. 38-year-old Debra Wierck was sentenced Tuesday in Buchanan County after she pleaded guilty in July to assault and voluntary manslaughter as part of a plea bargain to avoid a life term. Wierck is charged with stabbing 38-year-old Robert Taylor during a fight February 13th at the home they shared. Wierck is ordered to pay restitution of 150-thousand dollars, court costs and attorney fees, along with nine thousand dollars for Taylor’s funeral.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill