The Evansdale city council is reviewing a complaint against a member of a city board accused of threatening a Rowley man and his son.Russle Kress of Rowley is asking for the removal of Rose Ernster from the Evansdale Planning and Zoning Commission. And he wants the woman banned from any other city positions. Kress claims that he and his son were working on a home in Evansdale adjacent to a home owned by Ernster grandson, when the grandson called police alleging that Kress was trespassing on his property. When the police chief arrived, Rose Ernster allegedly asked the chief for his gun so she could “kill them all.” Kress did not press charges against Ernster at the time. The Evansdale city council will review Kress’ complaint at a hearing next week.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident