The Iowa Attorney General is investigation allegations of improprieties at the Iowa Fire Marshal’s Office. A spokesman for the Attorney General will only confirm the criminal investigation is underway at the request of the Polk County Attorney. It’s common for a county to refer cases to the state office to avoid a conflict of interest. What’s known is — there are allegations employees in the state Fire Marshal’s Office falsified records, but it’s unclear if that means reports on fire investigations were tampered with or if it was something on the order of hour-padding a time card. The Fire Marshal’s Office refers calls to the state Commissioner of Public Safety, who has yet to return our call.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk