U-N-I is on the road to play Montana. The Panthers lost eight players from last year’s team that finished 14-15, including three of their top five scorers. A host of newcomers have second-year coach Greg McDermott cautiously optimistic. He says they have some strength in areas they didn’t have strength last year, especially in their ability to score inside. McDermott says their ability to take care of the basketball will suffer with the losses.He says that will make it difficult to win on the road, unless they get better at protecting the ball and keeping turnovers down.Former DePaul coach Pat Kennedy is starting his first season at Montana.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant