The Northern Iowa women got their first win in six years over rival Iowa State Sunday, downing the Cyclones 65-58 in Cedar Falls. The win was the 100th of Panther Coach Tony DiCecco’s career. He says it was a very good win to build the confidence of the team. Cyclone Coach Bill Fenelly gave UNI credit for doing what they needed to do to win.Iowa State has been known as a team that can score from long range, but UNI reversed the roles, hitting 11 of 23 three point shots in the game. He says the Panthers are letting the shots fly and don’t care if they miss, which is the exact opposite attitude of his team.UNI had three players in double figures, led by Katie Miller’s 22 points.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!