The 54th meeting between Iowa and Iowa State is tonight in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Both teams enter with just one loss and Iowa coach Steve Alford says the similarities don’t end there. He says they both are teams with new faces and guys in new roles.Alford says guarding Iowa State begins with junior guard Jake Sullivan, as he says Sullivan can shoot the ball and he has a lot more help now with new players.The Cyclones are coming off their first loss at home against Boston College and while the schedule has taken some hits coach Larry Eustachy says it built some confidence. He says they scheduled it this way after going 12-19 last year and he’s says it’s given his new players some confidence. Eustachy says they haven’t been on the road yet, so it will be a tough game, but he says they have to gain confidence on the road.The Hawkeyes have won the last two games in the series.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern