Iowans visiting Miami for the Orange Bowl shouldn’t have to worry about anycold weather. The last time Iowans visited the sunshine state for the GatorBowl in 1983, there was little sunshine and the game was played in 13 belowzero wind chill. That shouldn’t happen this time in Miami. Cool winterweather blowing in from the north is expected to drop the temperatures intothe 40’s overnight this weekend, but things are supposed to warm back upduring the day and stay that way next week. Of course weather in the upper60’s and low 70’s is still enough for the thick-blooded Iowans visiting hereto take a swim in the ocean and venture outside without a jacket, while thelocals stay bundled up in coats and even parkas.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal