The southwest Iowa town of Red Oak is a big step closer to landing a newfactory. The Iowa Department of Economic Development has approved aforgiveable loan of $445,000 to help Red Oak lure Johnson Controls intolocating there. Lori Port, executive director of the Red Oak Chamber ofCommerce, says Johnson Contols is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and is aFortune 100 company. Port says if the company choses Red Oak, it will usean existing building and will employ up to 75 people within three years.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response