Despite an outcry from many residents, state environmental officials have okayed a large-scale hog operation in northeast Iowa’s Fayette County near the town of Westgate. The Environmental Protection Commission voted 5-2 on Wednesday in favor of the 72-hundred head operation proposed by Fremont Ridge Incorporated. Some residents claim the proposed facility will hurt the environment and property values. Work may begin on the operation next month.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk