A southwest Iowa man was shot and wounded late last night by Clarinda police making a drug arrest. The Page County attorney’s office says agents of the state Division of Criminal Investigation and Clarinda police officers were trying to arrest the suspect when he tried to flee and drove his car into several other vehicles, including police cars. After the shooting, the suspect was taken to a Clarinda hospital, then to Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha. He suffered gunshot wounds to the stomach, hand and leg, but doctors say his injuries aren’t life-threatening. Investigators say only one officer fired at the man, who isn’t being identified yet.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk