A fund’s been started to help an Elgin City Council member at the center of a controversy involving the city’s fire department. The fund was started for Jean Roach to help her with legal fees. Roach had discovered the fire department was keeping beer in the refrigerator to drink after meetings, and reported it to the city’s insurance carrier. The insurance company threatened to drop coverage, and the firefighters removed the beer. Firefighters however said Roach overstepped her bounds and demanded her removal. The Elgin City Council decided not to investigate whether Roach did anything wrong after several jurisdictions declined to take the case.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk