The Iowa Hawkeyes had been competitive on the road during the Big Ten race but Wednesday night was a different story. Michigan State jumped out to a 16-0 lead and pounded the Hawkeyes 82-54 in East Lansing.Alford says nothing went their way and the Spartons played very week. He saythe Hawkeyes were on their heels early and could not recover. He says everyone got quiet and they had very little leadership on the floor. Iowa is now 6-9 in the Big Ten and closes the regular season at home on Saturday against Northwestern.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors