It’s a job fair like no other. Hundreds of teachers from across Iowa will be matched up with dozens of school districts from across the U.S. at today’s National Educator Expo, being held at the University of Northern Iowa. Libby Vanderwall, in the U-N-I Career Center, is expecting a busy day. About 100 school districts will send representatives who will be looking to hire teachers including about 20 or 30 Iowa districts, along with others from as far away as Alaska and California. Vanderwall says about half of the wanna-be teachers are from U-N-I, while the others are from 19 other Iowa colleges and universities. About 600 teachers are expected.Vanderwall says this is an important day for hundreds of Iowa educators as they get to talk to the representatives in person, after doing much of the other job search activities through the mail.The expo runs from 9 AM until 6 P.M. at UNI’s Maucker Auditorium.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package