A fundraising dinner is planned for tonight (Saturday) in southeast Iowa to benefit cancer research at the University of Iowa and in California. LoisAnne Snow, who moved to Burlington from California in 1999, is battling leukemia. Snow says her sister-in-law has created a cookbook and everything at tonight’s meal is in the cookbook. Snow’s sister-in-law, Martha Harrison of Burlington, created her first cookbook in 1985. This is her second cookbook, called “Just One More” and all proceeds from its sale will be divided between the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa and the Relay for Life in California, which Snow says was organized after her nephew’s death from cancer.Half of the money goes to California and half to Iowa. She says each has received about 14-hundred dollars.Snow says her struggle with cancer has been made lighter, knowing she has the support and love of so many other people.To order the book, surf to “www.justonemorerecipe.com”. Tonight’s dinner runs from 6 to 8 o’clock at Christ Episcopal Church in Burlington. For more information, call the church at (319) 752-1381.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk