A northeast Iowa veterans group is raising money to help the family of a fallen Iowa soldier. The Decorah V-F-W is raising money for the family of an Ossian native who was killed in Iraq so they can attend a ceremony in California in his honor. Gunnery Sergeant Jeff Bohr was killed on April 10th in Baghdad. Before going to Iraq, he had served as an instructor at the Marine Corps base in Camp Pendelton, California. The Corps plans to name a building after Bohr on June 4th. The V-F-W is raising the money to send Bohr’s family to the event. Donations will be used to pay for the family’s plane tickets, lodging and food.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors