More northwest Iowans in uniform are headed overseas. Soldiers assigned to the Iowa Army National Guard Armory in LeMars will go on active duty this fall. There are about 150 soldiers in the 113th Cavalry’s Troop C, First Squadron. About 75 of them will be deployed with NATO forces in Kosovo in October to do patrolling and peacekeeping. It’ll be the first time a guard unit from LeMars has gone on active duty since 1968 and the Vietnam War.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk