A man’s jailed in Crawford County in connection with a fatal shooting in Denison. Police who answered a 911 call early yesterday (Thursday) morning say they found a woman in Denison’s industrial park, lying in the parking lot of a meat processing plant. Twenty-two-year-old Dora Hernandez had suffered a gunshot wound to the head and a coroner called to the scene pronounced the woman dead. Her body was taken to Sioux City for an autopsy. Not long after that, a man was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the case. Authorities said 21-year-old Luis Ayala, also known as Esteban Valasquez-Ramirez, is from Columbus, Nebraska. He was being held in the Crawford County jail on 300-thousand dollars bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!