Construction is getting underway today on what’ll be a recreational facility on the Denison Job Corps Center campus. Center Director Kevin Fineran says it’ll be a landmark addition for the school as it’s the first new construction of an entire building.The groundbreaking was Thursday. Fineran says the project is being paid for through a federal grand of three-and-a-quarter million dollars.The Denison Job Corps serves more than 300 students between the ages of 16 and 24 from across Iowa and neighboring states. The mission is to provide each student with a quality academic, social and vocational program designed to develop self-esteem and job skills.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal