Don King will not be there and the winner won’t get a title belt but the Iowa State-Texas game on Saturday will be available on pay-per-view. The noncommercial route was taken after Fox Sports Net, A-B-C and T-B-S all passed on an opportunity to carry the contest. Iowa State coach Dan McCarney says it’s a good opportunity for the team to get some exposure. He says the Cyclone defense could get a lift with the return of injured defensive tackle Jordan Carstens, who tried to play in Saturday’s loss at Texas Tech. He played two plays and couldn’t play, and McCarney says he really doesn’t know if he’ll be ready to go. McCarney will wait until the end of the week to name either Austin Flynn or Chris Love as the starting quarterback. He says it’s not a controversy to him, as he says players in all positions battle for positions all the time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa