Authorities have found the body of a man who wandered away from his rural northeast Iowa home on Sunday. Divers discovered Ted Leichtman’s body in a farm pond about a quarter-mile from his home yesterday afternoon. Officials searched the pond after spotting cracks in the ice. The 54-year-old New Hampton man hadn’t been seen since Sunday when his wife reported him missing. Sheriff’s deputies say Leichtman suffered a head injury in a fall last week and may have been confused and disoriented when he left his house. Hundreds of people searching for Leichtman spent three days in sub-zero weather combing fields and woods in Chickasaw County.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk