The Waterloo Black Hawks will travel to Chicago to take on the Steel in game-one of the first round of the USHL Clark Cup Playoffs this Friday. Chicago won the Eastern Division Championship, while Waterloo finished fourth. The Black Hawks won the season series 3-2-1 between the two teams. Black Hawks captain and two-time USHL All-Star Joe Pavelski is looking forward to the series with the Steel.Pavelski feels the experience Waterloo gained from reaching the Clark Cup semifinals last year will come in handy as they enter this year’s playoffs. Waterloo enters the playoffs hot. The Hawks won 17 of their last 30 games. Chicago struggled late losing seven of their last ten and their last three games.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal