Cedar Falls leaders have rejected an ordinance that would’ve banned drivers from talking on cell phones. The issue was debated for ten minutes Monday night before the council voted it down. Most council members said they agreed with the ban but felt the ordinance would’ve been too hard to enforce. Had it passed, Cedar Falls would have been the only city in Iowa with such a ban. Authorities say the risk of a collision when driving using a cell phone is four times greater than driving without one. Cedar Falls leaders say they want the state to decide on the issue.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City