Iowa baseball coach Jack Dahm says this past season helped lay a solid foundation for the program. The Hawkeyes finished the 2004 campaign on Sunday with a 7-3 victory over Illinois. The Hawks finished 20-35 and Dahm says his first season had a number of positives. He says the biggest positive was the players in the program and how hard they worked to build a solid foundation for the future. Dahm has been hitting the recruiting trail hard and he says the reception has been good. He says kids want to be a part of turning the program around and he’s signed some good players, including Iowa kids.Dahm says success next season will rest on the players currently on the roster. He says they all have to get better, as they aren’t going to be a better program if the returning players don’t work hard. The Hawkeyes finished eighth in the Big Ten standings.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G