Competitors from more than 30 states are expected to take part in the annual “Marathon-to-Marathon” on June 12th. The course begins in Storm Lake and the finish line is in the town of Marathon. Spokeswoman Lois Lind says there are several other races that are part of the event. There’s a five person relay that runs the same course as the marathon. There’s also a 5-K race for runners and walkers. The Marathon-to-Marathon” can be used as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon. Lind says people run for all sorts of reasons. Last year, a runner showed up from Germany who wanted to run his 50th marathon before the age of 50.Lind says this event has become a big part of the community as it takes up to 300 volunteers to put on the event.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk