The vote is expected tomorrow (Wednesday) in the U.S. Senate on a Constitutional amendment that would define marriage as being between a man and a woman. Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley, a republican, says he’ll vote in favor of the proposal, which many refer to as a ban on gay marriage.Grassley says he’ll “support the definition of a marriage between a man and a woman because it is the foundation of our society and that’s the way it’s been for six-thousand years.” Iowa’s other U.S. Senator, democrat Tom Harkin, is expected to vote against the proposed amendment.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk