The girls’ state high school softball tournament is underway in Fort Dodge. Top ranked Woodbury Central cruised to a 10-0 win over Cal-Dows. Katie Smith homered for the Wildcats, she says she just swung hard and ran all the way around and got to third. Tessa Lally led of the second inning with a triple and later scored in Charter Oak-Ute’s 5-0 win over North Mahaska. Third ranked and defending champ Cardinal beat Clarksville 11-1. Cardinal coach Steph Christner says the first game is the biggest game you play, especially with a new team. Pitcher Allysa Fligg needed some ice on her shoulder after the game after sliding into third and jamming the shoulder.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk