An explosion and fire destroyed a Fort Dodge home on Wednesday — and two people inside escaped unhurt. The blast tore part of the back wall off the two-story frame house. A large section of the wall came to rest near a clothes line pole. The cause of the explosion is under investigation by the state fire marshal’s office. Resident Buddy Phillips and his girlfriend were asleep at the time of the blast — around 3:10 yesterday afternoon. Four children who lived in the home were all at school.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk