The top cop in a Des Moines suburb is in hot water over what may be a hot temper. A West Des Moines man was installing carpet at an elementary school last month. Morris Wadle says a summer school teacher in an adjoining classroom came over to complain about the noise he was making. An argument ensued. The teacher reportedly said she’d have her husband take care of the problem. It turns out, she’s Karen Gaddis, the wife of Johnston Police Chief Bruce Gaddis. Reports say it was Chief Gaddis, in an unmarked squad car, who followed, then pulled Wadle over for that same day, made snide comments according to Wadle, then gave him a speeding ticket, which is being contested in court. Chief Gaddis was suspended with pay from his job last week for undisclosed reasons.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness