Last year Bret Meyer was helping the Iowa State defense get ready for the season opener against U-N-I. This time the focus for Meyer is offense. The redshirt freshman will be the starting quarterback when the Cyclones and the Panthers open the season this Saturday in Ames. Last year he was impersonating the UNI quarterback to try and give his defense a look at what they bring to the table.Meyer says being prepared will help limit the anxiety of a season opener. He says the more you know of your offense the more relaxed you are. Meyer says he is ready for the season to start and feels confident about every aspect of the team.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill